OnIRC Network Forum

Forum MenuOnIRC  Forum MenuForum Home   Topic AttiviTopic Attivi  Ricerca nel ForumCerca   RegistratiRegistrati  LoginLogin
Musica e.. Gruppi Musicali, Films, Libri, Recensioni
 OnIRC.com Network IRC Forum Italia : Parlando liberamente... : Musica e.. Gruppi Musicali, Films, Libri, Recensioni
Icona di Messaggio Topic: Frustrated with my acoustic Rispondi al Topic Posta un nuovo Topic
Autore Messaggio
JensenBreck
Utente
Utente
JensenBreck

Iscritto dal : 04 Oct 2017
Quota JensenBreck Rispondibullet Topic: Frustrated with my acoustic
    Postato: 08 Nov 2017 alle 2:00pm
My grandfather was a multi-instrumentalist with perfect pitch; strangely enough my aunt has described it as a sort of a curse. Later in life he couldn't listen to much popular music or play music with others because he found even slight mis-tuning to be very grating. I'm starting to understand.

Years ago I made the decision to string my acoustics with 10s. But as my ear has developed it seems impossible to play my acoustic in tune. Fretting chords in open position often just sounds awful to me now, however lightly I seem to grip. The guitar was professionally setup and is well intonated but open position chords sometimes just sound sour. I've experimented with tuning to a fretted chord instead of the open strings, and that is an improvement (though not perfect; it works well for songs in the key of C to tune to the fretted F chord, for example), but I'm constantly futzing with the tuning instead of just playing.

So, is it the 10s? Is that the real reason acoustic guitars usually have such heavy strings? So that fretting notes doesn't pull them sharp?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
http://www.guitarforums.com/showthread.php?t=46381

Advertising Campaign
IP IP tracciato
Rispondi al Topic Posta un nuovo Topic
Versione stampabile Versione stampabile

Vai al Forum